Sunday, January 18, 2009

Electricity


I was thinking about this show once again today and how moved I was from it. If you do not know the back story to Billy Elliot, it is about a 12-year old boy that starts in boxing classes and switches to ballet. After family feuding and economic hardships, he continues and garners a spot at a prestigious dance academy in London. Watch the movie peeps, it's great.

Onwards though, I saw the show this week with David Alvarez, he is SERIOUSLY a look-alike of how I was at his age. I was bawling during the show because it really reflected a lot on my growing up a dancer, and the hardships I felt from friends, family etc. I did prevail and danced several more years before pursuing musical theater. The cast, the sets and the overall uplifting sentiment of the show were outstanding. Elton John's score is great, not the best in the world but works perfectly with the entire show; besides, everything else trumps any negatives! Kudos to the cast, the crew, etc. The Tony awards are YOURS this year! :-)

Here are 2 clips for you to take a peek at:



Take a peek, and let me know what you think? I know I'll be blogging about this show again!

No comments:

Post a Comment